Saturday, May 22, 2010

Scanlation Issue

Okay so I'm here to clear up the issue that people seem to be having with a scanlation policy that was introduced.
First I find it rather rude that certain individuals are bringing up a topic that is quite old and has been dealt with personally from my understanding. I understand though that nothing was publicly announced to everyone regarding some clarifications. As suggested, if you have any qualms please direct them to hmrpalace@live.com. Commenting on this blog on a topic that is completely different from the one at hand is not going to sort things out.
Additionally, I'd like to address some of the comments that have been made to publicly announce to everyone exactly what is going on.
  1. We did not mean for our message to come across as conceited. We do not plan on taking over all HMR projects, even those that are actively being done by other groups. We're merely stating that we'd like to finish as much as we can for our fans, more specifically those that have been started and have not been updated for a long time. An example of this would be New Sexy Simpleton, which had not been updated for almost 2 years before we picked up the project.

  2. There is no mention of other groups having to "beg and plead" to do certain projects. We would merely like to keep informed of the status of some series. We are aware that some groups actually purchase the manhwa, thus we do not wish to start a project that has such circumstances. Also, it should be noted that sometimes these are purchased but not worked on right away, that is why we wished for scanlation groups to notify us beforehand so as to not cause conflict in the future.
I just want to end this by saying that the policy has been taken off to prevent further comments. I have stated all I have to say and have hopefully clarified some things for everyone. Please instead of continuing to post comments on unrelated topics and leaving anonymous comments at that, use the e-mail address we have provided for such questions and concerns.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha and that's it girl,
rock on! :P

I think anyone can understand it now ;)

xx

Anonymous said...

NightmareCandies just posted that he gave up on translating/editing idol shopping

Meilin said...

Thanks for telling me ^^
I'll contact Yunhee and see if she'll be able to pick back up the project again or else we'll have to wait for Rapunzel to finish her exams ^^;

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with what you guys are saying.
I don't see why there are so many people having problems with it.. >=<

Anonymous said...

I don't see it as conceited at all. I think what you guys are doing is great. We fans appreciate it very much. We don't like waiting forever for someone to update a series, let alone finishing it for us.

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Anonymous said...

^^ I think you are doing great, I don't know why so many person having a problem with it.

LOVE U GUYS^^

Post a Comment